Work in Progress. Please contact me if there is a certain topic or section you want to hear more about.
- An architect is not accountable for a design
- Value is not clear
- Inappropriate level of staffing for the effort
- No one is responsible for the product
- No executive buy-in
- Unclear outcome
- Fuzzy frontend project design work not completed
- Training for developers not given
- Lack of measures to indicate project success milestones
- Users not bought in and press-ganged into use
- Overactive marketing without regard for quality of the product
Some items inspired by Juval Löwy’s Righting Software.